Thursday, April 29, 2010

Entrepreneurship............ A never ending process

In our PGP curriculum, we had a subject of Entrepreneurship, where we are taught about entrepreneual skills and how entrepreneurs become entrepreneurs taking example of few leading entrepreneurs.


In the same curriculum we had a project of interviewing an entrepreneur and ask him some questions regarding his entrepreneul life experience.


A few days after the announcement of this project and a few days before the completion date I met Mr. Rohit Inani (Director of myMO). The company is into print media (News paper publishing) "The unrestrained voice of youth", myMO events, web solutions (building websites) and Tech workshops.
So I decided to take interview of Mr. Inani as his venture is a unique one. Currently Mr. Anand has been a part of 10 ventures before and this is his 11th venture. At that time I was amazed to know, how a person can be a part of 11 ventures. Than an idea struck me as to even Ambani's and Tata's have more than 11 ventures. So the same can be with Mr. Anand as well. That night I was very excited to interview Mr. Anand, an amazing personality.


Next day we all went to F-Cube to meet Mr. Anand and take his interview. Initial few minutes were giving introduction of each other and then we jumped to some serious work.


We stsrted asking Sir about questions related to his journey as an Entrepreneur. And he started with his

1st venture of Fabric Agency (SAS Agencies)
(Started during higher secondary schooling, current status closed) (1990-1991)

2nd venture of Advertising agency (Prakriti Commnication)
(Started while pursuiing M.B.A., current status closed) (1995-1997)

3rd venture of Event Management (Provista Events, New Delhi)
(Current Status: Partnership split, stakes sold, business ongoing in different company by partners) (1998- 1999)

4th venture of Distributirship of Koutons (Proedge Distribution)
(Current Status: Closed) (1999-2000)

5th venture of Cloth Manufacturing (Brand: Body Language)
(Current Status: Sold the Business) (2000-2002)

6th venture of Software Development (Omniscient Technologies)
(Current Status: Closed) (2002-2003)
7th venture of Textile Machines Spare parts dealerhip (Vinayaka Textools)
(Current Status: Sold the Business to partners, firm's name changed) (2002-2005)

8th venture of Reliance Infocom dealership (Omnitech enterprises)
(Current Status: Closed) (2003-2004)
9th venture of Contract Farming (Fresh-O-Veg)
(Current Status: Ongoing, Stakeholdings. Operations handled by partners) (2004-....)

10th venture of Adventure Sports Campaign Site (Flame of the Forest)
(Current Status: Ongoing, Director and Biggest Stakeholder. Operations handled by partners) (2008-.....)
11th venture current venture of Cafe Lounge (F-Cube)
(2009-...............................)


The business summary:- Out of 11 ventures: 3 sold, 5 closed and 3 ongoing. In last seven years none of the business has been closed. All are doing fairly good in the market.

As he described about his 11 ventures, one unique thing which I observed was

Sir did whatever he does with great zeal and passion. He always gives his leel best into whatever he is doing. He has closed the business or has left the business, the reasons were very genuine. Like lack of support, enthusiasm and co-ordination from the partners, unsupportive external factors, unexpected growth in the business, so on and so forth. His 11 ventures are from different industries all together, let it be textile or event management and all over to adventure sports. Asking him questions on the same.

How did you managed getting into varied fields?
He said, I used to do thorough study of the field in which I am interested and I connect the dots as to related fields which actually supported main stream plan. For example: Before starting Flame of the Forest (Adventure Sports Company) he did thorough study as to which plantwill be most suitable, how much money to invest at the same time did deep study about the plants which will match the ambience of the area. So his special focus was on, do whatever you want to do, just spend some time doing a deep study about the area in which you have to work. "Less knowledge is worst knowledge".

How did you managed funds?
My friends invest on me. As they feel I am "the finest Horse in the Race Course". They always use to invest on me as they were sure that I am passionate about work and I do 360 degree analysis and study about each and every area I get into. Closing every business incur huge loses but I used to cover it in the next business and return it to them who invested it on me.

Any logic behind the name F-Cube?
Went to Delhi to study the concept og Cafe and Food lounge and was confused with the name of the Cafe. Travelling from Delhi airport to hotal room took me 30 minutes and at that time I saw a poster of Ram Gopal Verma and came to my mind was his name "Factory", so came p with the name Fast Food Factory. But it was a long and an unacceptable name. Than i got an idea as to my 9th venture was Fresh-O-Veg (Single F), 10th venture was Flame of the Forest (F Square) and the Fast Food Factory as F-Cube. I am really thankful to Ram Gopal Verma.

Any future plans?
Ya as I have live experience of 11 most demanded fields for which I have worked. I can start my own consultancy. It will really benefit my customers as I have exhaustive practical knowledge of all the fields I have worked.

My learnings:

1. Be passionate about whatever you are doing and success will surely follow you.

2. Do a lot of research before starting any business and continue your research for future developments.

3. Life is Zig-Zag, Ups and Downs will always be there is life. Don't get stuck in it. Find a solution and lead your life.

4. Follow your Ethics they will always help you.

2 comments:

  1. Great Vidit. you share your experience. Very well articulation is done by you. One thing i would like to say that you have written your learning but if you pen down your keen observations, it would be much better. I mean by observation is to observe that person how he answered, level of zeal/confidence, uniqueness,and what you found out in that particular person, it should have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Pradeep, Thaks for your valuable comments

    ReplyDelete